Tuesday, December 17, 2013

One Million Views

Tales of a Trophy Wife
So yesterday afternoon my blog hit one million page views!!!! I know that some blogs get that much traffic on a daily basis and it took me almost 3 years, but this blog had always been more about my personal journey than anything else, and  I thought I would do a little Best of My Blog.


My daughter's 14th Birthday Party- Night Owl Party wins for my most popular post. I guess we all love owls.

Whether it was eating cheese in Wisconsin or making a fool of myself on Let's Make a Deal, I documented my journey completing my 40 x 40 goals. Thanks so much for cheering me on.



My marathon training only got the occasional mention in the blog, but I couldn't wait to write it up and tell all of you that "I Ran a Marthon!!!"


I reviewed a lot of books on the blog ( I didn't count), but my favorites since starting this blog were Code Name Verity and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand,  and Unbroken.
I do a lot of sewing.  It was fun to do my Sewing 101 Course and help readers make skirts, pillows, and just be more comfortable in general with sewing.

The most popular sewing post was this Wrinkle Maxi Skirt, but my favorite was this skirt and blouse:


I started this blog, shortly after moving into this house and have done tons of DIY projects, but my favorite is still our playroom.




I don't love to cook, but do have a few recipes that I shared.  When people asked for one, it was easy just to say "It is on my blog". I even bought a crock pot and came up with some meals that didn't completely suck.

I have shared a little wisdom with you like how we survive road trips with kidsor how we rent out a home w/out a property manager

I even let out an occasional rant like "Why I Think Trophies are Stupid."


I tried out a lot of stuff I found online to see if it would really work for me. 

This will be post #627 full of bad grammar and photography.  Thanks for joining me on this journey.






6 comments:

  1. Congrats Tara! My eyes bugged out! A million! fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all these milestones! How exciting! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an achievement! You should be very proud! Isn't amazing that your blog has been viewed a million times! How cool is that! We just hit 300k and I was doing a happy dance! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete