Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What I'm Reading Wednesdays-Nothing Good

It was  a hectic week and so I just went for something mindless.  They also ended up being not great.



London is a girl who only "remembers" the future.  Her brain resets each night and anything she did not write down is lost to her.  The concept was a little hard to wrap my brain around and so the book lost some points there.  My biggest complaint is that it just stops just about the point the big mystery is going to be revealed.

2 out of 5 stars   


Ronnie is forced to leave New York and spend the summer in North Carolina with her father.  She spends the summer protecting an endangered turtle's nest and falling in love with a local boy.  It's about as good as you'd expect a book written especially with Miley Cyrus in mind.  
Anyone see the movie?  

3 1/2 out of 5 stars

So now I'm looking for something at least 4 stars.  Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I saw the movie "The Last Song" and it wasn't as good as the book so I wouldn't bother. If you like(d) Nicholas Sparks, I would remember an older book, "A Walk to Remember". This was also made into a movie, not bad, but I loved the book.
    http://astore.amazon.com/thloap-20/detail/0446693804

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read of few of his books. I even saw Walk to Remember, but never read it, maybe I'll have to give it a try.

      Delete