Monday, June 4, 2012

Knock-off Mondays-High Waisted skirt

Sapporo Satin Skirt #anthropologie
Today's inspiration skirt: Anthropolgie $99.95

I bought these shoes last summer for $8.  They aren't comfortable, they hurt my feet, and I didn't own much to wear them with, but are adorable and did I mention that they were $8.  
 
I've had some navy fabric in my stash for years, so I just had to buy a zipper and the pattern, so I made the entire thing for under $3 and in an afternoon.  It's McCall's pattern 5591.  It was a pretty straight forward pattern although it does have a zipper.  I was a little surprised how high it sat on my waist ( I think my child-bearing hips may just be slightly larger than the model's on the pattern cover), but overall I'm happy and it looks cute w/ my red gingham shoes.


To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Cute! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt, I'm not a great seamstress so a good sewing project always amazes me! I own similar shoes in brown and must agree, they are NOT comfy at all! Think blisters!
    Kim
    tiarasandbowties.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice skirt, love the color and the wide tie sash. Those shoes go perfect with the skirt, very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the skirt! You look quite beautiful in it! :-)

    I like the shoes too, its a shame that they aren't more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that skirt! i sooo wish that i could sew! i have a newfound love of skirts and dresses and would love to be able to make instead of buy! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freaking LOVE!!!! The entire outfit! Great job...you look lovely!

    Thanks for linking up this week :)

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is so cute!!! It goes perfect with your adorable shoes! You did a great job making it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the whole outfit!! Thanks for linking this to Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I found your blog through Somewhat Simple blog party and I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts, at my Creative Thursday Link Party (open through Monday each week) at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, you're SUCH a kindred spirit. I would SO wear those shoes no matter how much they hurt. Ha ha. Your skirt looks fantastic & so do you! Thanks so much for sharing on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I love the skirt and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete