Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trick or Treating at the White House

One of the coolest things we got to do while living in DC was trick-or-treating at the White House. About 40 families from my kids' school were invited.

Have you ever wonder what the first family hands out for Halloween? Full size candy bars, Bit-o-Honey's, cash? Nope, this:
 For the record, the box in the middle contains M&M's-not cigarettes. The other weird looking things are an assortment of dried fruit. Bless whoever came up w/ this for trying to be healthy, but I think most of the fruit ended up in the trash.

The White House all decked out for Halloween.

Here's us waiting in line for over and hour. The First Family actually gave out candy from 5:00-7:00. We entered the gates at a 7:01. Heartbreaker. Our tickets said 6:15, but they would have let us get in line earlier and I so wish we would have known.

No Obama, but I'm sure we are all over Japanese Facebook. We all got tons of attention from tourists and they kept asking to take our picture.

 

Normally, I don't dress up and just wear  jeans and a t-shirt that says, "Boo". But I thought dressing up would give a good excuse to  shamelessly flirt w/ my husband all night (he was "smoking hot"). No one had any clue who I was-(I was Babette).

My eternal flame. Oh La La

I'm linking up here.


7 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that your husband dressed up complete with face paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun opportunity. i love that you and your husband dressed up. thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun experience... and wow, that dried fruit looks tasty, LOL. I love the beauty and the Beast theme!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, I featured this on my FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is to cool that you got to trick or treat at the white house

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the COOLEST! Wow - trick or treating at The White House. I didn't even know they do that! Thanks for sharing your experience & the great costumes. And thanks so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't remember who, but someone I know went this year and the treats were quite different...I'm going to have to dig a little and remind myself what they got.
    I love these costumes...they are so good!

    ReplyDelete