Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thoughts on Thor

  Thor Movie Poster 1

There was a movie theatre next to our hotel in Fargo. We thought it would be a good way to spend the afternoon while resting hubby's legs for his marathon.  We looked up reviews for Thor and it scored well with critics and regular people, so we thought we'd give it a shot.  We watched the 2-D version-am I  the only one, that 3-D gives a headache? Maybe if we saw the 3-D version we'd like it better.
It wasn't  awful, but certainly far from great.  I think it's like so many of these types of movies that spend a ton of time and $ on the effects and not to much on the story.  I got the feeling that I was somehow watching an abridged version.  Plot and Character development just seemed thin. My husband was down right bored.  Honestly ladies, the guy that plays Thor is easy on the eyes and has a charming accent, so I think even if the movie is not that good, he's not a bad person to spend the afternoon with.

On a good note, it's one of the few summer blockbusters I'd let my kids watch.  I don't remember a lot of cursing (although I tend to notice it less when my kids aren't there) and there was no sex.  There are a lot of fight scenes, but nothing too gory.  The messages of the film are: friendship and family, peace over war, scientific discovery, and overcoming selfishness.   

If your kids are bored, my give-a-way ends 5/25 at midnight.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked it, I hope you don't think less of me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron said it was awesome...I wonder if I will like it.

    ReplyDelete