Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sorta St. Patty Decor

As I've said before, I've never decorated for St. Patty's day before. Does anyone else find the vast majority of St. Patty's day decor a little tacky? I saw this flower on my friend's fabulous card -making blog. I don't make cards, although browsing through her blog made me want to start. However, I thought those flowers would be the perfect touch of green that I needed.
Step 1- Cut out a bunch of circles. I wanted to make 3 of different sizes. First I used a spool of thread as a pattern, but it's really hard to cut out good circles, so I finally cut a bunch out w/ my Cricut.


Step 2-Fold them like this. I folded some more than others b/c I like the look. Just fold the ones for the same flowers the same.



Arrange into a flower shape and glue down. I used hot glue. I stuck a button on top and put in an old frame.


I like it so much, I may leave it there all year long.
To see my other St. Patty Decor click here.Linking up here.
Pin It



5 comments:

  1. Those turned out really cute. I think I like seasonal more than holiday decorations, and those look perfect for Spring! And not tacky at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Tara . . . . glad you could be inspired by something on my blog!!! I look for inspiration everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kammy and Kiersten. Tina I guess "inspire" is a nicer think to say than-"I ripped off this idea..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pretty paper flowers in the rustic frame. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete